Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 6 (31 Days of Horror)



DAY SIX

FILM - From Dusk Till Dawn

PREMISE - The Gecko brothers are fugitives, and are on the run after a very interesting bank robbery. They kidnap the Fuller family, and drive to a Mexican bar to meet with other on-the-run criminals. It turns out the crooks in the bar are vampires, and if the Gecko brothers and the Fuller family can survive from dusk until dawn, the "crooks" will let em' go.

ANTAGONIST - The Gecko Brothers are kind of the antagonist but are also our main characters and we learn to root for them well root for Clooney at least. Then for the most part vampires are the main antagonist. Cool looking but kind of weak in terms of being real easy to kill.

BLOOD AND GORE - Lots of blood and lots of gore.

SCARES - Not scary but bad ass.

REVIEW - This movie is what some of my friends would call a classic Spanky Movie. For a proper definition ask me at a later date. This film is in my personal pantheon. This film is in my top ten favorite horror films list. I love this film from the actors, to the script, to the action, to horror, to everything. I give this film a 9 out of 10. Did I mention I liked this movie. Cheech Marin has 3 roles in this movie and that's awesome too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome movie! Yes, definitely in the top 10 for horror movies.