Friday, October 10, 2008

FILM 9 (31 Films of Horror)





FILM 9

FILM - Feast II : Sloppy Seconds

PREMISE - The monsters have made it into a small neighboring town in the middle of nowhere and the locals have to band with the survivors of the bar' slaughter to figure out how to survive.

ANTAGONIST - Hard to describe. Think of the Alien/Human hybrid from Alien Resurrection with gigantic teeth. See above poster for a better look.

BLOOD AND GORE - HOLY SHIT! Blood, guts, piss, cum and shit all throughout

SCARES - Not many scares but a lot of hard to watch things and occurrences.

REVIEW - I am a huge fan of the first film. It took a simple overdone concept and made it clever and original. This film on the other hand tries to out do the original film tenfold. It makes a line and subsequently crosses it by building a catapult and tosses a little person a million miles over it. Excessive is the main word here. I will say there is a scene that made me laugh and be horrified in the same breath. Laugh because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The autopsy scene was a bit much too. I am in no way squeamish but this scene was just ridiculous which I believe was the point. There is even a scene with a cat. Like I said a million miles over the line. Don't get me wrong I was entertained but not as much as the original. And John Gulager proves once again that he has a real talent for taking an unoriginal idea and making it different. I give this a solid 6 out of 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughed and horrified at the same time? Would that be the scene with the director's newphew? (See extras on disc. Don't want to give anothing away)