Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FILM 27 (31 Films of Horror) 2.0



FILM 27

FILM: The Gravedancers

PREMISE: After the funeral of a old friend who died in a car accident, former school friends Harris, Kira, and Sid break into the local cemetery after dark, and after Sid reads a mysterious incantation he finds on one of the nearby tombstones, they dance on the graves. Soon, the three of them find themselves haunted by three different ghosts whose graves they desecrated. Harris and his wife Allison find themselves haunted by a deranged female pianist/ax murdered. Sid gets haunted by a child pyromaniac. And Kira haunted by a sadistic rapist. All of them turn to a paranormal investigator named Vincent Cochet and his assistant Frances to try to help them break the curse they imposed on themselves before the next full moon when they will be killed by the ghosts wrath.

REVIEW: Now I have watched 2 years of the After Dark Horrorfest. I just watched the Ghost House Underground Collection. It sad to say at close to 24 films within those sets that I have liked 3 films. I think it is time to stay clear of these little film fests until I get a consensus at the quality of those said films. Enough of my rant the one movie I loved so much to own was The Gravedancers. Just a great spooky horror film with some genuine chills and some great over the top f/x's. Now the acting is mediocre it is made up by the great set up and some great creepiness. This is a must see for genre fans. I give this film an 8 out of 10.

No comments: